Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rest in peace, Jeff

Jeff died this evening about 7pm. He was very weak all day, and kept repeating "Ok. It's ok." every few minutes, as if telling God that it was time. His sister, Sue called in a priest and gave him his last rights. A held him through his last breath and told him "It's ok to go. Don't fight it",then kissed him on the forehead and came home to tell me what happened.

Jeff wanted to be cremated so, we're planning a memorial service in Peoria, Illinois with his ashes, then he will be brought back here to Florida to stay with Daryl. We don't have any dates set yet for the memorial service, but I will update here as soon as I know anything.

We're all kind of numb right now. I mean, a month ago, he was trimming a tree in my front yard, and taking the kids swimming. He seemed perfectly fine, and now he's gone. I thank God that he is no longer suffering and in pain. I am grateful for the short time I got to be in his life.

I can't really think straight right now. It has taken me two hours to write this much. I'll update more later when I can think more clearly, and can go more than five minutes without crying.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry....I can't even imagine how hard this must be for you. I'm not even going to attempt to try to make you feel better, because I know that it's impossible right now. Just know that all of my thoughts and prayers and love are with you and your family. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete