Friday, May 20, 2011

Blarg!

OK, so for those of you who don't already know, I'm trying to get my CNA license. The test will be easy, I believe, as the class was more or less a review from what I learned in high school, and common knowledge. The problem I'm having though, is that before I can submit my application to take the test, I have to get my drivers license and social security card to have the same exact name on them. Currently, my DL has my middle initial on it, and my SS card doesn't. You wouldn't think that would be a big deal, but apparently it is. The state of Florida will not allow me to submit my application until they match exactly.

So today, I went and spent $50 (that I really didn't have) to get a new DL so I could get my middle initial taken off. And, well, I needed a current DL. Apparently though, the DMV must put my middle initial on my DL because my middle name is on my birth certificate. So, I spent $50 for nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but it could have waited until I actually had some extra money to get that done. Now I have to go to the SS office and get a new SS card, with my middle initial on it. It's free, which is great, and just about a block away, which is awesome, but it takes 2-4 weeks to get the card back. *sigh* Oh well. I guess it'll be worth it when it's all said and done. I'll get my CNA license, get a job, and save money to go back to school and get my LVN.

Aside from that, not too much has been going on around here. The garden is producing more squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and bell peppers than I could ever use, so the neighbors are getting gift baskets. The kids love to help water the garden and pick the produce. They play in the dirt more than necessary, just so I have to hose them down before we go back in the house. It's cute, but slightly messy.

On a totally random note, I'm finding more and more white hairs on my head. I am NOT happy about this. FFS, I'm only 27! I've had white hair for a long time, but this is getting out of hand. I'm really wishing I could afford to dye it more often than once or twice a year.

That's about it for now. Take care, and have fun. Remember, tomorrow is the rapture! So if you believe you'll be taken, now is the time to PARTY!!! And if you're still with us afterwards, join me in looting all the empty houses!

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding more and more whites, too. It sucks, but it's a fact of life at this point. My mother was completely gray when she was around 22ish so I'm happy that I've made it to 40.

    I just blame it on the kids anyway.

    ReplyDelete